Friday, August 17, 2012

Dropped Classes and Scholarships

During my last summer session, I had been taking an SAT math prep course and Western Civilization I in the morning, and College Algebra and Trigonometry at night.  I soon realized that taking classes in the morning and at night was too much for me.  I dropped the SAT prep course and Western Civilization class.  I also had a morning/night schedule for the fall.  I dropped my fall nighttime class of Physics.  It will now take me a little bit longer to graduate, but I have to know my limits.  Too bad the classes weren't just scheduled back to back.  Then I think I could have done it.  I got an A in my math class.  If I had stuck with my original schedule, I don't think I could have done it.  So now I have a 3.91 GPA.  Never again a 4.0 thanks to that rotten math teacher that I had for my first summer session.

Well, I won a scholarship through the school, and I'm kind of disappointed.  Last year I won a total of $560 worth of scholarships which was just credited to my account.  This year I won a $250 book voucher.  I had thought for sure with a whole year of nearly straight A's I would have won more this year.  There were a lot of good scholarships available--up to $5,000.  I guess I should be grateful that I won anything at all.  It could have been worse.  The real disappointment was that I thought of this scholarship competition as a precursor to the big scholarship competition the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship competition.  The essay that I submitted was one that I specifically had written with the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship in mind.  If my essay wasn't good enough to garner a larger scholarship, then would it be good enough for the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship?  Maybe I have to go back to the drawing board and come up with something new entirely.  Students cannot apply directly for the Jack Kent Cooke scholarship, you have to be nominated by your school.  So the first order of business is convincing the school to nominate me.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Style is apparently diverse for everybody, nevertheless some individuals continue to seem to set up the rate. Ever thought about how you could method fashion in a new lighting. The world wide web is a great source of information for you personally within this time of require. Consider the adhering to helpful suggestions concerning style.

In case you have a small budget for outfits, steer clear of purchasing clothes that happen to be stylish that can only last for any season.[url=http://www.ukuggboots2013.co.uk/ugg-kids-bailey-button-c-1.html]ugg boots kids bailey button uk[/url] Style fads swiftly fall out of style, and you will be saddled with garments that can make you feel like yesterday's trend queen. Stick with the timeless appearance which can be incredible.

Steer clear of mother denims! Getting older is going to take place nevertheless, your fashion sense does not should age also it merely should develop. Incorporating extra, pointless denim, does practically nothing for the seem.[url=http://www.ukuggboots2013.co.uk/ugg-classic-cardy-c-10.html]ugg boots classic cardy uk[/url] The bottom line is to possess jeans that are great for on the waistline, and feature places that you are currently very proud of.

An effective fashion hint would be to decide on your clothes for the entire day according to color. You don't want to step outside the house with the t-shirt and shorts clashing simply because they're free of charge colors.[url=http://www.ukuggboots2013.co.uk/ugg-classic-short-sparkles-c-9.html]ugg boots classic short sparkles uk[/url] Try different color combos and see which shades you enjoy and which color combos you don't like a great deal.

Accessorize to draw attention to what you want consideration on. This works to consider concentration far from trouble locations, similar to a big bottom part or shoulder area.[url=http://www.ukuggboots2013.co.uk/ugg-classic-nightfall-c-6.html]ugg boots classic nightfall uk[/url] It also enables you to highlight certain items just like your eye or hip and legs. Use components to get the most from your ensemble.

Should you be looking for a means to appearance far better, this information has presented you some very nice tips on increasing your design. Get out of that trend decline and commence deciding on appears depending on the tips on this page. There are actually you gaze far better than ever before and feel better too.[url=http://www.ukuggboots2013.co.uk/ugg-classic-cardy-c-10.html]ugg boots classic cardy uk[/url]