Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hello!  Sorry I've been gone for so long.  Aside from the fact that I've been busy with schoolwork, my computer died, so I've been without a computer for about a week.

It's been an exciting few weeks.  I got my test back (the atomic one) and I got a B.  Phew.  And the professor actually graded on a curve, so I ended up getting an A.  After this, we got the teacher evaluation forms.  I decided to go easy on my teacher since he did give me 100% for class participation.  So I was able to overlook the fact that he laughed at me.

I have a question for you... who has a better military, the US or China?  The question came up in class and I said that the US has a better military.  The kids kept laughing at me for saying that.  They insisted that since China is a bigger country, it therefor has a better military.  It was as if they thought that I didn't know that China was a bigger country than the US.  It obviously is bigger, but does that necessarily mean that it has a better military?  I don't think so.  But I suppose I could be wrong.

So, anyway, I had a TON of studying to do for the final.  I was all nerves going into it.  But my studying paid off, and I got an A in the class.

In a couple weeks I'll be starting the fall semester.  Four classes at a time.  I don't know if I'll be able to handle it all.  I hope that taking these summer classes has given me a bit of a feel for it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting an A! That is awesome! Also, I can't help but mention as someone who runs the Faculty Course Evaluations at my University you really should have put your true feelings about the professor and mentioned that he laughed at you. I see this happen all the time where we get student complaints about a professor but then their evaluations are all highly ranked because people went easy on them. Unless of course your evaluations are not anonymous! In that case I wouldn't say the truth either!:)

I agree with you that being a bigger country does not automatically mean that you have a better military. What is that saying quality of quantity? Now, I do not know much about military but I do know their quality should not be based on the size of the country!

Good luck in the Fall! Just remember one day at a time and you can do it!

Adult Student said...

Thanks so much for your comment, Karissa. They didn't have a spot to write comments on the evaluation, or else I might have mentioned the laughing incident.

Thanks so much for the encouragement. It helps. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the A. I hope you have a good fall semester.

I think your blog is amazing :)

-The Anonymous Teenage Blogger

Adult Student said...

Thanks, Anonymous. :)